Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm in someone's backyard when someone calls me to a shed. She shows me a mother cow & a calf and tells me the calf is a newborn. She's hinting that she wants to give it to me and I call Susannah over to see. I pet the calf & comment that his fur feels like rough carpet.

Inside the house, I'm talking to Tamara, Susannah, Tom and others about cooperative farming. I ask if anyone's heard of a system where adjacent houses share a small plot of land to raise animals and grow crops. I ask Tom if he thinks people in Richmond would do it. He scoffs and mentions that people are always taking down his political yard signs.

Later...

I'm in front of a Chinese restaurant witnessing a hostage crisis. The police have not cordoned off the street so there are lots of gawkers. Inside a Chinese man is writing something at a table with the wait staff. It doesn't look to terribly tense inside. I'm now inside and ask one of the waiters what's going on. He tells me the man came in with a large party and is rewriting the bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home