Thursday, August 05, 2004

Thursday, August 5th, 2004

I’m at our high school reunion with Sarah Durant. We’re sitting together in a hall with lots of other people waiting for something to get underway. We talk as we watch old classmates come in and sit down. We both spot Josh Endicott come in. Sarah gets nervous and wants to leave. As we talk, she calms down a little. Then, we see Bill Nguyen. I get annoyed with myself that I didn’t learn any Vietnamese so I could say something to him. I say to Sarah, “Funny how after all these years, seeing these people can still make us nervous. It’s like the years never past.”

Later, I’m in a mall trying to get back to the reunion. I’m on an up escalator when I want to go down. I hop over the rail and head back but stop when I notice that I cannot. I run through the mall, trying to remember how to get out.

Later, Susannah and I are exiting an airport or train station. Several cars, most of them large SUVs pull up to pick us up. We have our pick of them but I want to see if Sarah’s here. As we spot her small car, one of the SUVs backs up into her, crushing part of her hood. We rush over and apologize for causing the accident. She doesn’t seem worried.

We unload our stuff from another car and try to get it into hers. We’re also trying to get a bike to fit into her trunk.

As we drive off, we talk about plans for the week. I remember that Susannah has to go see someone during the day and am glad that I can spend some time to catch up with Sarah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home