Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Tuesday, August 3rd, 2004

I arrive at a big function for the Democratic party. As I rush into the main hall, there are lots or people trying to figure out where to go. I see a line of them picking up books and papers that are placed on every table & chair. I rush in and grab a set. The book is a large encyclopedia-sized book of political cartoons by Michael Moore (though they look like Bloom County). Irritated by the conformist vibe of the place and start yelling, “Everybody better get your books while they’re hot!”

Later…

I’m on a bus or train traveling over an industrial part of town. We pass a stop where I could have transferred to the 71 bus. We pass it, I realize that was my stop. I get off at the next station and try to figure out how to go back a stop. I wander around on the bridge-like structure, trying to get to the opposite platform.

Later…

I’m trying to find my way out of a hospital and back to a poker club not too far away. I wander around the halls looking for a reception desk. Finally, I come across a few women at a desk and ask them for a car service number. I pick up the handset of a telephone attached to my bag but the ladies call the car service for me. I ask them how long it usually takes for the car to get here and she told me not too long. I sit and wait as I try to remember where exactly the club is. I root through the bag (which belongs to someone else) for clues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home