Monday, November 13, 2000

Boy, oh boy, life just keeps gettin' better. I got written up in this past Sunday's SF Examiner -front page (!) of the Business (?) section. The article is an overview of the Bay Area APA zine scene, with quotes from all my indie-press peoples (Lark, Jean, Annie, Mimi, Shiga, etc). I'm sending the article to my mom. How does one get a newspaper article written about them? Persistence. I emailed my friend Vanessa at the Examiner and pitched her this article idea. It just snowballed into this "real" thing from there.

The article is archived at www.sfgate.com
You have to search for "zine".

Now I'm off to the Hamilton Boys & Girls Club in the Tenderloin to speak to some kids about zine making and self-publishing. I'm excited and a little nervous. I really wanna get them fired up about DIY publishing. I'd like to wrangle a workshop with them, if this goes well & enough kids are interested. You never learn so much as when you are teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home