Monday, October 02, 2000

So today, I rode the F Market a mere 3 blocks so I could buy a belt and some socks. It was moderately crowded being 5:30 and all. I'm standing there noticing all these other Asian guys with long hair and wondering if I should cut mine off or just dye it again. My revelry was quickly broken by a middle aged white guy with a particularly pink complexion shambling his way to the middle of the bus, all the while yelling for people to move. Thru his half-mumbles I could tell that he was not a nutty bus creature, but your everyday asshole, maybe with a couple of beers in him. He started railing on one guy in particular, a guy who looked Filipino. I listened over Mr.Asshole's shoulder as he spewed, waiting. Yes, waiting. I knew what was coming, it was only a matter of time. Then it came out of his mouth, "You probably don't understand English." he said to Brown Man. Brown Man was trying hard to ignore Pink Man.

My stop came and I shoved Pink Man hard from behind, yelling, "Move! what's the matter, you don't speak English?". He must have been taken by surprised and tried to play it off. "I'm movin', I'm movin'." he said. I turned to face and backed out of the bus, "Then you know how to live in this country." I said, my hand holding open the door, "Then I don't have to tell you what country to go back to." As The doors closed, I heard him say, finally catching on, "You wanna fuck with me?!" I turned to make sure he wasn't following me out. I stormed through the intersection, and into Ross, wandering in a daze until I found the belt aisle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home